A Primary workshop is based on the NEW Teaching Primary Schools Athletics – Run, Jump, Throw resource and demonstrates teaching progression across Primary School age groups in both generic and athletics specific running, jumping and throwing activities.
- Ages 5 – 7 Years
- Ages 7 – 9 Years
- Ages 9 – 12 Years
Within each of these teachers will find:
- Two examples of Schemes of Work
- Two blocks of six-week Lesson Plans
- Over 20 Activity Cards covering progressions of running, jumping and throwing activities
In addition teachers will find information on:
- How to Measure a pupils progression and improvement plus Support cards.
All attendees receive a certificate on the day plus a 290 page Primary Run, Jump, Throw resource.
- To provide teachers with a creative and practical resource to encourage and motivate youngsters to participate and achieve in athletics
- To ensure that teaching is inclusive and engaging in manner, with modern approaches that are less reliant on formal didactic delivery.
- To ensure all children receive a positive experience of athletics, with emphasis on participation, enjoyment, mastery and the acquisition of skills – to maintain interest.
- To create a greater understanding that running, jumping and throwing underpin the vast majority of sports.
- During the day of the course there will be food available.
- Please wear clothing and footwear appropriate for physical activity.
There are no current or upcoming instances of this course.